Friday, May 8, 2015

Where I Stand

I am starting to learn where I stand in life, I am minuscule. Just a grain of sand in this gigantic sandbox we call life. People shove me into a sand pale, and I am sculpted into their liking. If not sculpted properly,  then I am poked and carved with sticks to be what is more appealing to the eye. When sculpted into perfection, then I feel the water shoes trampling over the hours of hard work to build something bigger, and better. With every step digging into my soft damaged heart.

I would rather be a sea shell, that when found I am instantly put into a pocket for safe keeping. To where I would be handled with care, and soft strokes to dust off the grains of sand that I was once buried under. Then put on a shelf for every one to view my beauty. Where people enjoy my unique engravings that make me so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment